Cape Town Programme 2017 - Saturday September 23rd
We are delighted that legendary National Geographic photojournalist, Brian Skerry, will be giving this year’s keynote! Specialising in marine wildlife and underwater environments, Brian’s uniquely creative images tell stories that not only celebrate the beauty of the sea, but also help bring attention to the large number of issues that endanger our oceans and their inhabitants. In 2010, National Geographic Magazine named one of Brian’s images among their 50 greatest photographs of all time.
We will soon be announcing the the rest of the programme and our speakers’ lineup.
The Next Wild Shots Event Sessions Include:
- Brian Skerry (USA): Ocean Soul – a story of love, discovery and hope.
- Samantha Reinders: Travel photography – presidents, potjiekos and penguins
- Jacques Marais: Into Extremes – Shooting Adventure in the Wilderness
- Shem Compion: The Bottom Line – The Economics of Wildlife Photography”
- Peter Chadwick: In the trenches – photographing Africa’s war on poaching
- Jenny Hishin: For art’s sake – wildlife photography as fine art
- James Gifford (Botswana): Only One Channel – Single Location Shooting in Savute
- Marius Coetzee: Endless Safari – A Worldwide Photographic Journey
- Margot Ragget (UK): Remembering Elephants – wildlife photography’s ‘Live Aid’ moment
- Jon Bryant (UK): A European perspective – wildlife photography challenges and opportunities.
- Mike Kendrick: Wild Shots Outreach- the next generation.
- Lets Kamogelo (Botswana): Life as a photo guide – the road Lets’ travelled.